trojan horse

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by roland deschain, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roland deschain

roland deschain Registered Member

ok i ran avg free edition about a hour ago and i found a trojan horse in the scan . it was called trojan horse collected.2.D it was put in the virus vault. after i got on to the internet and went to a website when i tried to click on a link the virus vault window came up and said VIRUS DETECTED while oppening up file C:\windows\system32\kmrawmvu.dll trojan horse collected.2.D it wouldnt let me heal,delete, and i also tried to put that in the virus vault just in case that was a different file in the virus vault that i discovered in the scan. i dont understand what is goin on if it is in the virus vault what is it doin if any1 has any info on what i can do please respond thanku

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Try running AVG in "Safe Mode" and see how you go.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi, follow blackspears advice an boot into safe mode, before you scan look for these files xoaivjgr.dll, kmrawmvu.dll. If found delete, then run scan.

Boot into normal mode, run a free online AV scan as a back up.

4. MryMgn

MryMgn Registered Member

Roland, I read your posts from Dec 2004 re: trojan horse backdoor.lifefournow virus. Did you ever get rid of this? I'm having the same problems you did. I even found some infected files and deleted them (from the Quarantine of Symantec), to no avail. Also looked for them in my Registry Editor and they weren't there. This did NOT resolve the problem. Did you get to the bottom of it?

5. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi try the removal instructions HERE for the "Lifefournow" viurs.

If that does not help try following the guide HERE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.