TROG.RANKY.AS

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by DarkTerror, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkTerror

DarkTerror Registered Member

I'm coming down with the virus TROG.RANKY.AS and its beginning to slow down my computer. I remember this forum knowing how to deal with issues like that and theres this device that can kind of track down unwanted stuff on the system and from there I can get rid of such a virus.

Hmm I forgot what the device program is called, but I can't find it. Some searching thing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: Ahh looking back I at my old posts in May, I see it now. It was TDS-3, Hijackthis and regprot. Will these programs help in this issue too?

I'm using Trend Micro's PC Cillin which is picking up the virus, however it just can't quarantine it and so it runs rampant.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. DarkTerror

DarkTerror Registered Member

Something else thats all suspect to be a virus is that every time I start up my computer I get the message "MotiveSB.exe -Unable to Locate Component". Then it goes on about it can't start up about LIBCURL.dll is not found. I have no idea what this is, and its been a problem recently.

Also after I was updating my video drivers, I've been getting the message at start up about Microsoft Office's Frontpage, and that it wants to install it but theres no cd for it. I have no idea whats that about either.

I'll look into what you suggested ronjor, thanks.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.