Tried to purchase; does Soft4Ever actually want to sell licences?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by FanJ, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

We recently had the thread from act8192 in the "other firewalls" sub-forum:
    LookNstop requires my identity??

I decided to try it too about 48 hours ago. No luck :thumbd:

Yes, I received two confirmations emails from looknstop_en [AT] nexway.com; one called "Invoice Look'n'Stop", the other one called "Your order Look'n'Stop".

The latter one says "You will receive your activation code from the editor Soft4Ever in a few minutes." Well, I did not receive any activation code. No further email at all did I receive. :thumbd:

Next that same email says "If not, please contact the editor by the contact form at this adress : http://www.looknstop.com/En/support.htm ".

Well, I did send an email using that site some 24 hours ago. No reply :thumbd:

Have a look again at that other thread.
    In reply # 6 the advice has been given to go to:
    http://looknstop.nexway.eu/contact.html
    If that is indeed a better site for purchasing problems, than it should have been mentioned in the confirmation email instead of the site I mentioned above.

I called my bank this evening to check whether the money was already booked; no, it wasn't, they told me.
    Strange because the confirmation email doesn't tell anything about "you have to wait x days".

I decided that I had enough of it.
    So I did send an email to looknstop_en [AT] nexway.com , requesting to cancel my order and to refund the money. No reply. :thumbd:

It is not my fault that the confirmation email
    1. does tell that you get an activation code in a few minutes;
    2. might give a wrong site to complain about purchase problems;
    3. does not tell that you might have to wait x days;
    4. does not tell anything like "this is an automatically made email, do not reply to it", if that is the case at all.

On a side note:
    An half hour before I tried to purchase a Look'n'Stop licence, I did buy a renewal for another program. Within minutes I got my new licence. This just to prove that it can be done.
  2. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

I bought it just now only.

I got my license/serial within seconds only. :thumb:
  3. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

LOL :)
    That link as dead as a doornial. Nobody answered. I doubt Nexway knows what they're doing and I doubt that the writers of LnS (Frederic?) know what's going on. I think LnS is abandoned. Forever.

That said, I bought PhantOm's rules and am using 30day trial. I might buy on the 28th day, but likely will have the same experience of NOBODY THERE TO CONTACT.
  4. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Just want to say that I bought a LnS license (and nice Pnanth0m's ruleset) some monthz ago and am a happy camper from then on win7x64. Just hope Frédéric will settle well with whatever was/is going in his live... This puristic firewall deserves a bright futur, imo. I also own a "lifetime" with Outpost FW pro but for now wiil wait before doing a sidestep through this one...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.