Tribler (almost) anonymous torrenting

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by dogbite, Sep 7, 2014.

1. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

Tribler is an open source bitTorrent client developed by the Delft University of Technology, TU Delft, in the Netherlands. What makes this program different from the other dozen file sharing clients is that it includes a unique built-in peer proxy bouncing technology routing data across multiple peers before reaching its final destination. Just like in Tor, three different random nodes are used to stop a rogue node operator from finding out who is downloading a file.

Please see:
    http://www.hacker10.com/other-computing/anonymous-torrent-downloads-with-tribler/

www.tribler.org

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I need a Tribler for Dummies. Why should I give up uTorrent 2.04 which is lean & mean & the fastest I've ever seen?

3. Overdone

Overdone Registered Member

Seems interesting.. Will wait a bit more before using it, see if it gains traction.

EDIT: Apparently this is not something new. Has been around from atleast 2006. Weird I've never heard of it before.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  4. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

tried it on a couple of torrents but both are shown as not anonymous by the program.

Has anyone actually got it working on anon torrents?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.