Trialing Locked Admin

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Windows_Security, May 30, 2015.

1. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

By "Software Policy (SSRP)" I refer to the software given as freeware by IWS Computer Consultancy (http://iwrconsultancy.co.uk/softwarepolicy).

It already has the benefits mentioned in your post, but I wasn't after a comparison with Bitdefender Cryptowall.

My question was what benefit there is to using CryptoPrevent portable (with those settings) over SSRP, or what his rationale for choosing one solution over another was. My assumption is convenience

2. Convienance is the reason (the default set and forget installation option),

With SRP you are able to set a deny execute in all non-UAC protected folders (user space). This is far more safer, but to do it right you should also set a deny execute on all the directories a basic user has write access to in the Windows folder. So to explain that would be a thread on itself (and this how to was already posted by MrBrian).

I had initially chosen for Bitdefender Cryptowall, but was tipped by forum members that CryptoPrevent had a set and forget option (Victek's explanation).

Regards Kees

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks for the clarification and for making me aware of the SSRP (Simple Sofware Restriction Policy) app :thumb: Will have a look at it.

4. WildByDesign

WildByDesign Registered Member

I would also highly recommend SSRP app, Victek. It's open source which is great and I had used it for roughly 2-3 years consistently. Sorry, not intending to take this of topic, but just wanted to point out that quite a few users can vouch for that program.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.