Trial version: cant stop auto scan?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bublebee, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bublebee

bublebee Registered Member

After installing AMON and whole package, trial edition and booting it began scanning, I suppose the whole system. After 1 day and a half, it had only scanned 12000 files and I don't really know what disks it scanned, what percent is complete or what. After reboot, it seemed to start all over. I set the scan setting to exclude "Scan On Opening - Files" and left Execute and Create Checked. It is still apparently scanning all files after boot. Is this trial version different than the pay version? Can I get it to stop scanning the whole system all the time somehow? Is it possible to get it to scan just the directorys or disks I want upon boot? o_O

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I've never seen NOD32 take more than an hour to scan even large fileservers - and I have one fileserver with about a tb of data - mainly small files - so LOTS of disk access - somewhere in the region of 800,000 files... so your experience is not typical. Subsequent scans are even quicker - our full scan of that fileserver now takes about 28 minutes - which I don't think bad at all. My desktop rescans in 20 minutes, although I'm upgrading disk again this weekend - but once again, a larger disk will mean a larger cache (if I buy the right drive this time) - and that will help. My two desktop machines are 18 and 20 minutes for full scans - a day and half indicates a BIG problem...

My first guess...

do you have another anti-virus still installed?

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

If your are looking at the AMON status window then what you are seeing is the normal on-access operation of the AMON module of NOD32.
    If you want to scan your whole system manually, or just a part of it you need to launch the NOD32 'On-Demand' scanner which you can set up to scan what you like.

If you haven't already done so, try having a look through this thread -->HERE<-- which Blackspear has thoughtfully put together for us. It will take you through ALL of the NOD32 modules and settings and should help you to understand it's operation a bit better.

HTH :)

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

ahhh... as NOD32 user pointed out - if you're watching AMON, it's never going to stop - it's the on-access scanner, and as long as your machine is accessing files, it will continue to slowly creep up in the number of files it scans - it's just doing it's job!

doh! Didn't realize that you were watching AMON... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.