Trend Micro Virus Alert: TROJ_BOMKA.L

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Randy_Bell, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

TROJ_BOMKA.L may arrive on a system as an attachment to spammed emails, disguised as a non-malicious dart game to entice users into playing it. This non-destructive Trojan is currently spreading in-the-wild and infecting computer systems that run on Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, and Server 2003.

A rough English translation of the email is:

Subject: you take one pause...
    Message Body: I send a game flash!
    then you send your score to me max... therefore I say how much I have made I to you... I am training myself:)
    bye
    {Name of sender}
    Possible Attachment: gioco_freccette.zip

Upon execution, this Trojan drops and executes a copy of the legitimate game on the system. This action hides its malicious behavior from the user.

It also drops its .DLL component, which it registers as a Browser Helper Object (BHO) to ensure that it runs every time the user opens Internet Explorer.

This Trojan also attempts to connect to several Web sites to download other files or an update of itself. These downloaded files may be other malware, leaving the affected computer more prone to malicious attacks.

If you would like to scan your computer for TROJ_BOMKA.L or thousands of other worms, viruses, Trojans and malicious code, visit HouseCall, Trend Micro's free, online virus scanner at: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

For additional information about the TROJ_BOMKA.L please visit: http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_BOMKA.L

2. TNT

TNT Registered Member

The actual translation is:

Subject: take a pause...
    Message Body: I'm sending you a flash game!

send me your highest score... so I will tell you how many points I made... I am training :)
    bye
    {Name of sender}
    Possible Attachment: gioco_freccette.zip

3. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

well, I've isolated and analyzed it in Italy 2nd February, when it was widespread here.

Well PCCillin, better late than never :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.