Trend Micro pays for a test and loses!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by qakbot, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Unusual to see that i agree, but hats off to TM for allowing it to be publicised :thumb:

So no problemmo really ;)

They mean 6 :p

although no later patches or updates were applied = Strange, but "maybe" realistic !

Hello :D

I could only see 40 www's they tested, not that many :D but then how many does it take :p

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Trend does rubbish in nearly every test, so you'll forgive me if I completely ignore this one.

4. guest

guest Guest

5. subset

subset Registered Member

Looks like whoever sponsors (or has already sponsored) a test offers perfect protection, the system will not be compromised.

So lets wait till all vendors have sponsored a test - then we are all perfectly save. :cool:

Cheers

6. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Have you ever considered that Norton may just really be a great anti-malware program?

7. guest

guest Guest

Yes, I didnt say the oposite, have you ever consider that?

8. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

From your way of posting these days on other threads here at the forum neither clocks nor anybody else can ever think you consider Norton great product

9. guest

guest Guest

Dont make me laugh, tell me, if you are able where I said that Norton is bad.
    I dont spend my time like you attacking panda even with spelling mistakes in their blog.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2010
  10. clocks

clocks Registered Member

You were insinuating that the only reason they get good reviews were because they pay the reviewers off.

11. guest

guest Guest

Yes but when an independent tester test Norton it also score well.
    In a worst position than with the sponsored tester but not bad.

12. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Dennis Labs are also independant test labs (but with lower reputation)
    Difference is that Dennis Labs work only on-demand (when some vendors pays for a test to be performed) . AV-Comparatives also get paid for its services , same does AV-Test.org and VirusBulletin , for example

13. guest

guest Guest

Yes of course, is the second time in my entire life that I have seen an AV score a 100% in a test.
    1st time. Norton, tested by Dennis Labs (some time ago)
    2nd time. Norton, tested by Dennis Labs

So we have 3 options:
    1 Norton is perfect :thumbd:
    2 Dennis Labs loves norton :blink:
    3 Norton pays Dennis Labs to score well :thumb:

What is the differencen btw Dennis Labs and the others?
    That this test is sponsored by Norton and Trend Micro
    AVC VB AVtest... all the AV's pay the same for being tested.

14. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Whatever. Fact is it scores near or at the top in just about every test out there. Same with Kaspersky. I don't think either needs to pay for skewed test results.

15. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

You are a very strange person , do you know that ? The test is actually published on Trend Micro's web-site . So Symantec paid Trend to put the test on their site , right ?! Norton received excellent marks from various testing organisations including AV-Comparatives (Antivirus product of the last 2009) , AV-Test.org , Virus Bulletin , etc. If you try to proove Norton is not perfect with your ":thumbd:" , you won't be able to. You cannot also prove that Norton paid Dennis Labs for this particular test (discussed in this thread)

And AGAIN - this thread is for Trend Micro and it was you who actually started to talk about Norton (post #4) .

16. guest

guest Guest

Maybe they dont need but they do. Lately kaspersky, avg, panda and some others are scoring better than Norton. And some of those are their main competitors, so they need to make this kind of things to make the people belive that norton is the best one. Just take a look to their competitors in this test, Kaspersky, Mcafee, Panda, MS...

17. guest

guest Guest

The last time Dennis labs appeared in this forum somebody proved that was created by norton

http://www.google.es/search?hl=es&c...Aas84DZBg&ved=0CBQQBSgA&q=dennis labs&spell=1

Take a look to the second result

ANTI-MALWARE REPORTS: SYMANTEC - Dennis Technology Labs
    That means that some time ago the headed of the website included the word SYMANTEC, now they have changed it... but google never lies.

18. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Symantec does take part in Dennis Labs different tests and does sponsor some tests just like other vendors. However , here in this particular thread we discuss another recent test that has been sponsorted by Trend Micro , not Symantec. Hope you can read well:
    post #1
    and
    http://www.dennistechnologylabs.com/reports/s/a-m/trendmicro/PCVP2010-TM.pdf

You cannot proove Symantec paid Dennis Lab to put Trend on second place AND to Trend to show it on their own web site

19. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I just want to point something out I remember from AV-C's Dynamic test a year or so ago about Norton they got 99 out of a 100 on it. The only reason it did not get a 100% is because the user was allowed to choose yes or no on the question at hand for the last file.

I also don't get wtf is up with peoples obsession to knock some of the AV's out there with no sound proof to back it up. Norton as of 2 or 3 years ago changed how it has been doing things and have sense improved there product dramatically. I used to agree Norton was a POS the view today tho, is very different. I use it on some of my clients computers as it's interface is very newbie friendly and easy interact with and has decent detection rates.

20. guest

guest Guest

I really dont care if TM paid for it if the tester is intimately linked with Symantec. A test where a security product scores 100% is designed to scam people.

http://blog.avast.com/2009/10/30/de...testing-paid-for-by-an-av-company-be-trusted/

21. guest

guest Guest

I really dont care all this I never said that norton was bad.

22. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

23. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

@guest

It seems we should stop feeding the troll here , agree ? (sarcasm intended)

24. guest

guest Guest

VB is designed to give medals to the AV's they have to get the 100% or nothing. The methodology and the goals of VB tests are totally different.

25. guest

guest Guest

I just dont like to be accused about things that I never said.

I never said that norton is good or bad. IMO is an excellent product if you compare it with another paid products.

I said and I repeat that nobody should give any trust to the reports of Dennis labs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.