Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Saw11_2000, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saw11_2000

Saw11_2000 Registered Member

Finally, it's out.

But, I'm pretty dissapointed...they've actually removed features. Like the Microsoft Vulnerability scan? I don't see it anymore.

And, it seems like the new beta isn't very customizable at all. Although I'm sure novices will appreciate it, I want the ability to set the scanner to work how I want.

What are your thoughts on this beta?

Big yay to Trend for finally dropping the PC-Cillin name. Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2007 was just way too long a name for a product.

:D

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

well i havnt tried it, but dissappointed if they HAVE dropped the pc-cillin name.

3. beads

beads Registered Member

The vulnerability scan is an add on for the enterprise product. I have no idea about the SMB side of the line. Fairly useful for enterprise customers not already using MOM, etc. But why would a home user even need it in the first place when WSUS should be all they need once a month?

A better alternative for most would be to use Secunia's Personal Software Detector (Beta). Nothing like being reminded to uninstall all those Java updates. Which you should be doing whenever Sun comes out with an update anyhow.

As for the pc-cillin moniker? Bah, always sounded a bit hokey to me. Worse yet it reminded me of the entry level product they came out with years ago. Personally, I won't miss it.

Now, time to go be a pain in the rear to the administrator on the Trend board. You know the one from France that I like to argue with... hehehe.

Still, I'll have to go check that out for fun and giggles.

- beads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.