Trend Micro Internet Security 2005

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Chuck57, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Well i gave trend internet security 2005 a try but it didn't play very well with my opera browser and it really didn't like mozilla that much either. So it is back to Mcafee again. I will learn some day just to leave mcafee installed as it has never given me a problem before. especially the version I have now. Oh well live and learn.

bigc

2. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Keep rocking bigC !!! :D :D ;)

tECHNODROME

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Well I have just about run every av that is available in the last two years. It has been fun, learned a lot about different av programs.

bigc

4. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

hEHEH.... I know the feeling... :D ;)

tECHNODROME

5. BillR

BillR Guest

Does anyone know whether PC-cillin Internet Security 11 automatically upgrades the package version during its 1 year of updates?

What are the differences between
    * Trend Micro Security 2005,
    * PC-cillin Internet Security 2005, and
    * PC-cillin Internet Security 11?
    I'm tempted to assume the obvious, 11 is 2004 and "IS" is "IS" is "IS" (irresistible), but I've suffered from obvious assumptions before.

Is the firewall licensed from someone else? (I know V-Com SystemSuite 5 uses "anti-virus technology supplied by Trend Micro" and a "firewall powered by Sygate Technologies" and "hardware diagnostics powered by Eurosoft" per the boxtop -- err, boxbottom(?)?)

TIA,
    BillR

PS I just discovered two days ago that Microsoft had two rather different sets of offers on the general antivirus page versus the home user antivirus page. Personally I would prefer to see a more unified presentation with all offers annotated appropriately.

6. Thorny

Thorny Registered Member

BillR,

Compare the UK and .Com sites of Trend, I believe that you will find that PC-cillin Internet Security 12 has the same advertised features as Trend Internet Security 2005.

Now here's the crunch ... half price offer for UK residents PC-Cillin Internet Security 11 costs £19.98 inc VAT, this includes one year of program and definition updates. The UK site also has an offer to update to the latest version PC-cillin Internet Security 12, but this costs another £19.95 (no free update!) All of a sudden the half price offer doesn't look such a good option does it?

Key Features for Trend Internet Security 2005

* Comprehensive Virus Protection
    * Spyware Detection & Removal
    * Anti-phishing –New!
    * Home Network Control –New!
    * Wi-Fi Intrusion Detection –New!
    * Improved Spam Filtering
    * Personal Firewall Security
    * Vulnerability Assessment –New!
    * Improved Parental Controls

The new features above all seem to be missing from PC-Cillin Internet Security 11 :doubt:

Sorry I can't tell you if the antivirus scan engines are the same, maybe someone else will be able to help you here :)

7. Kosingigglephits

Kosingigglephits Registered Member

In the latest issue of PC World they test the top internet security suites, (McAffe, Norton, and Trend Micro) and TM came out with 41/2 stars. I've been researching them out as well and was originally going to go with Norton but i'm really liking what TM has to offer and I'll probably go with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.