trend micro antispyware 3.0 trial

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by lodore, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi Gang,

i am using a trial trend micro antispyware 3.0 i am impressed with it so far.

it keeps telling me that my network configuration is damaged do you which to fix it?

so far i have no. i was wondering if i should get it to fix it for me or not?

thanks in advance
    lodore

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

trend micro found these during the scan. all my other scanners recently haven't found anything. it is the same things it found during its online scan the other day. btw i use BT yahoo broadband so i think the so called bt dialer is a real bt program and the rest i dont know

Attached Files:

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

hey lodore, go here and get 3.5. More features and you can set it for scheduled scans. So far it is the best I have tested. A lot lighter then Counter Spy and does just as much.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i know that TMAS will detect nod32's IMON as a problem and thus ask you that. i dont know about other apps tho.

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah i have recieved that message a few times, i usually just ignore it as my network doesn't appear to be damaged when i check it out. I'm not too sure what triggers it off like that.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

ok i will ignore th threats for now. I wont let it repair the connection.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i have added the so called bt dialer to the white list for now as i belive its a real bt program needed for my bt broadband. is there any trend micro forums?

other than that it seems to way better than spy sweeper and really light. i like the trickle scan because i can use my pc while its scanning which is nice.

when i checked the log it showed tons of entries to odd sites im guessing this is the "kill bit" from spyware blaster?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  8. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah it could be from spywareblaster, i'm not too sure. I don't know any forums, you'll have to do a google search and see what comes up.

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

ok ill have a check myself. I am really impressed by trend micro antispyware, but i need to get rid of f-secure to fully test it because f-secure is always causing cpu spikes. and when checking task manager tmas only uses like 3-13percent cpu, mainly 3percent then back to 0

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Use it along with the Antivir suite. Pretty good combo if you ask me.

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i think so to. i think my current combo f-secure and trend micro antispyware doesn't work to well. f-secure makes the cpu spike to much and combined with trend it spikes more. i will carry on testing it thou. and when antivir suite it relased that will be on my pc.

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

no conflicts with Antivir.

13. lodore

lodore Registered Member

good good. i dont think its a conflict with f-secure i just think f-secure uses to much cpu and spikes often and in conjunction with trend micro antispyware spikes more.

how can i stop trend micro antispyware from loading up at boot time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.