Tray Icon won't go away.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Manny Carvalho, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manny Carvalho

Manny Carvalho Registered Member

This is minor but annoying problem. TI works fine but about two weeks ago the icon that shows in the notification tray when a task starts just continues there. It won't go away even after all the tasks are completed.

Here's an image of what I'm referring to:

http://carvama1.mvps.org/di9.gif

As you can see all tasks have completed properly but the icon continues flashing the red arrow.

My logs show no problems.

Is there something I can do to get this icon to start working properly again.

Thanks.

TI9 build 2,337 on XP SP2

2. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

Actually, the icon is a quick way to launch TI. However to get rid of the icon, click Start, Run, type msconfig click OK, select Startup tab, scroll through until you find True Image and uncheck, click OK, Restart

To start TI you will need to click Start, Programs, True Image.

3. Manny Carvalho

Thanks but the system tray icon does not show up until a task is started. After that it stays until a reboot. It does not show when the PC starts. If I do what you suggest won't my scheduled tasks stop running?

Previously, the icon appeared when the scheduled task initiated and then it went away. Now, the icon sticks around.

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

That happened to me once. I was able to locate the running task in Task Manager and kill it. It hasn't happened again since.
    I just can't remember the task name. But it wasn't the
    SCHEDHLP, SCHEDUL2, TimounterMonitor or TrueImageMonitor

5. Manny Carvalho

Thank you. I was able to stop the process with Task Manager (I also forget which one) and get rid of the icon. I was hoping for a more permanent solution - other then reinstalling - to repair this little quirk.

6. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

Are you referring to reinstall of TI or XP? It could be possible that your TI has generated a problem for itself. Maybe a reinstall of TI solves the problem.

7. Manny Carvalho

I was referring to a TI install not XP. However, it seems that deleting the scheduled tasks and creating new ones might have resolved the issue. It worked one time. The icon came up and then went away when the task completed but it needs a little bit more time to make sure.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Manny Carvalho,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware the problem you encountered is caused by the 'TrueImageMonitor.exe' service haging after the image creation is complete. This issue is known and has already been fixed in build 3567 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home available in the Product Updates section of your account at our web site.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. Manny Carvalho

Thank you Alexey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.