Travellers' mobile phone data seized by police at border

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Dermot7, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

2. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Do you have probable cause? Are you detaining me Sir? If you are detaining me without probable cause you can hear from my lawyers who would love to take on this easy win case, if you are not detaining me I would like to go now. You have no right to invade my human right to privacy without probable cause, I will take this up with my attorneys and you will have to deal with the consequences.

3. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

And what may happen is what recently happened at the U.S border. Border Control snatched the guys device and busted it, all the while being very belligerent with him. All because they asked to see it and he said "Nope". Border police are becoming very, very powerful and can pretty much do as they please regardless of probable cause.

4. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

If they busted mine, I would say fine and get a new one. If they pushed the matter, I would again take them to court over destruction of property and personal assault. People need to learn to lawyer up, and claim to do so. Lawyers love cases like this and its well worth your time as the payout can be huge. If more people pushed the matter there would be a lot more rules in place to stop it from happening. The only reason why for example they get away with it in the USA is because Americans are so damn scared and passive now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.