Transferring NOD32 to a new PC

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by FiestaRed, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FiestaRed

FiestaRed Registered Member

In the next few days my new PC should be arriving.

Can anyone please advise how to transfer my NOD32 onto the new PC? I'm going from using Windows XP to Windows 7 with 64 bit if that helps at all.

Apologies if this has been asked before but I did do a search but couldn't find anything telling me how to do this.

2. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Simply uninstall ESET NOD32 from your old pc, and install it on the new pc. You can just use the license you used on the old pc where you uninstalled ESET NOD32.

3. FiestaRed

Thanks for the reply.

My original version of NOD32 was downloaded and all I have done since is pay the renewals.

How would I go about uninstalling NOD32 from my old PC?

4. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Once you received your new pc and you stop using your old one, the whole procedure for transferring a license to a new pc really very simple.

1. On your old pc uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus by doing the following:
    - From the Start menu, click All Programs, ESET, ESET NOD32 Antivirus, Uninstall;
    - Follow the instructions in the wizard, finish uninstallation by restarting your system.

2. On your new pc, download the latest version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus for 64-bit systems and your language via this link: http://www.eset.com/download/home/detail/family/2/language/ENU/operatingsystem/9
    To start the download you will have to enter your username and password, these are the same as you used on the old pc to install ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

3. Launch the installer, follow the instructions and enter the username and password once again.

That's it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2011
  5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Start>All Programs then look for eset and open then uninstall.

Attached Files:

6. FiestaRed

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.