Totally confused about network configurator

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Frederico, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frederico

Frederico Registered Member

I am using Paragon Hard Disk Manger Suite 2011

So, I am now struggling to restore my medion akoya E7216 notebook (hard disk replacement) from a backup. The backup files are on a NAS box on my network. The notebook is cable connected to the router, as is the NAS. It is not practical to copy the backup to a usb device.

The restore boot device was created on Windows7 on the notebook to be restored.

I can get to the network configurator open and it displays a myriad of confusing device names. I have now been through and "probed" each (which took for ^&^%% ever), but none are recognized.

SHould I presume that the Paragon restore software is not network capable or can anyone help?

NB: I do not understand linux, but presume from the network configurator's obfuscated and meaningless (to me) mumbo jumbo it is based on linux?

TIA.

2. buser

buser Registered Member

I tried this exact scenario just this weekend with win7 64-bit ultimate using HDM prof. Not a laptop, but a desktop over the network to another winXP PC mounted on a network neighborhood folder. It worked. I did have to boot off the paragon bootdisk and "Add driver" manually. Otherwise it couldn't see the network card or the network for that matter.

3. Frederico

Frederico Registered Member

It all seems very clumsy & counter intuitive for backup/ restore software promoted as being up there with the best.

Anyway, I've put paragon in the trash can. Managed to salvage the old hard disk and made an image with clonezilla and then restored to the new HDD,

Lesson learned, but many thanks for your reply.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.