Tor browser - cant seem to access a bunch of sites

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by jaccarrino, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaccarrino

jaccarrino Registered Member

Hi all.

Using the latest Tor browser with the latest vers of FFox.

Many times, I get a message from a site saying that the ip address has been blocked (for whatever reason). So, I go to new id, and I keep getting the same thing. Someone told me that I have to click 'View Network' and referesh. Is this the way to go, or is there something else I should be doing? Thanks in advance.

2. They have a script installed and are blocking TOR exit node i.p's. Not much you can do since TOR exit nodes are well known, you can try and press new TOR connection until you get a fresh node not blocked, but new nodes are usually suspicious and not to be trusted.

What sites are you trying to access?

3. arran

arran Registered Member

while talking about Tor, can some one tell me can Onion websites in Tors network see your real IP or is that blocked by the other relays?

4. No they can't see your real i.p.

5. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Try setting your own exit node(s) in your torrc file to countries that are not subject to blocking laws under the jurisdiction of the country in which the remote DNS server resides, e.g. Panama for one. The idea is that you should avoid exit nodes in countries that have passed laws and have a blocking list of web sites.

Australia, Finland, Denmark and Norway are known to have such blocking lists as reported on the Internet, and for good measure Great Britain, USA, Germany, and Austria.

The issue is generally speaking a legal one, and occurs when the blocking rules are applied to DNS servers under the jurisdiction of the country where the exit node DNS server (remote_dns_node setting in torrc) resides.

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.