Top 10 Paid Antivirus Programs for 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TheKid7, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

This isn't true. Even in the latest AV-C test, Norton lost in the 2011 on-demand test to GData, F-Secure, and a few freewares. Though you weren't specific on what type of tests...

2. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

Dynamic, real world testing. And about being first, i was refering to youtube videos (unprofessional but still when you see a product wins in every single video that means something) and for the professional tests Norton is maybe not always first but in top 3 for sure. When we add how light is on top of that and user friendly we can name it as the top antivirus/IS of recent 2 years, so no...when Norton finish first in some reivew/test there should not be doubt about that, yes some reviews may be biased i agree with that but seing Norton as number one should not be strange results or anything..

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

What about when Norton doesn't finish first, sometimes 6, 7, how do you feel about that? conspiracies theories? Norton haters? Why shouldn't there be any doubt about it? Norton has an awful lot of money which allows the company to have a planetary monopoly, most of its laurels are gained through sponsored tests and a very arrogant campaign against companies providing freeware. You like it? Good for you.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  4. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

I like Norton, top security product with minimal impact on system performance. Maybe they are not good at some test but they are always improving and searching for new ways to protect to user.

Maybe they said bad things about freeware products but who cares? I'm not an employee, just an user. I don't choose software about other companies opinion. Relax it's just a software...:)

5. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

Well as you can see i use free options as well, Comodo and i like it alot :thumb:

And if you doubt the strong protecting of norton, try it your self, they maybe got big marketing and stuff to promote, but at lest they are not like other paid solutions, Mcafee (for e.g.) Symantec products deserve the praise in this last few years. They improved alot...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  6. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

e.g. means "that is", i.e. means "for example"...I think.

But your right, Mcafee sucks. :p

7. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

Yay fixed, lol!

8. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

its the other way round
    i.e = that is
    e.g = example

9. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

LoL so we both fail

P.S. He confused me i must admit :D

P.P.S. Sorry for oftopic and fixed 1 more time lol!

10. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

This is the right one.

11. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Yeah, indeed. :D

i.e. = 'id est' (Latin) = 'that is' (English)
    e.g.= 'exempli gratia' (Latin) = 'for example' (English)

End of off-topic :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.