Tools for Cleaning/Repairing Offline System Partitions

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Adric, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I am looking for additional recommendations for utilities to help in identifying problems, removing unneeded garbage and possibly cleaning infections on an offline system. Some tools will only work for the partition from where it was excuted such as CCleaner, TDSKiller, AVAST Cleaning tool, etc. I need something that will run in a customized WinPE where the target system is offline. I'm looking for similar function offered by some live recovery CDs, but all in one place - on my custom WinPE. So far I use the following:

(AntiVirus)
    AVZ Antiviral Toolkit
    Comodo Cleaning Essentials
    DRWeb
    Emsisoft Emergency Kit
    Microsoft SafetyScanner
    Malwarebytes
    SUPERAntiSpyware
    HitmanPro (limited)

Some of these still insist on scanning processes in the WinPE which seems a bit useless. HitmanPro would be good once the parent folder only restriction is lifted so that one can select an entire drive.

(Maintenance)
    Paragon Harddisk Manager
    Windows System Control Center (All Nirsoft and Sysinternals Tools)
    Defraggler (haven't decided yet if defragging helps)

I guess that's the key element the tools would need - being able to select a specific drive to work on. Suggestions appreciated.

Al

2. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

remember that you wont be able to scan the registry hence missing out on all those juicy registry hijacks unless you load the registry hive first.

some more scanners;
    F-Secure Easy Clean
    Norton Power Eraser
    Vipre Rescue Command-line Utility
    McAfee Stinger Standalone

have you tried hirens boot disk? has an amazing amount of utilities already built in (mini-XP mode)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.