Tool to migrate Thunderbird e-mails to The Bat!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Defenestration, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

I'm considering switching from Mozilla Thunderbird to The Bat! for my e-mail client. I have several accounts for my e-mail, with several folders and sub-folders in each account. The Bat support importing single folders, but does not allow me to select the base folder and then automatically recreate the folder /account structure along with importing all the e-mails.

Are there any tools which would easily allow me to migrate my e-mails from Thunderbird into The Bat!, including recreating the folder structure(s) ?

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

AFAIK I haven't seen, nor heard of any tools which would allow you to recreate your folder structure inside The Bat.

That's the problem when migrating to another email client. You can import the messages, but not the structure, nor the filter rules. :(

Pity, but I think the best way to migrate, is to first recreate the folder structure into The Bat and afterwards moving all imported messages to their location by creating filter rules for those messages or else moving them manually. :)

There are tools like Aid4Mail or Mailbag Assistant, although it's not free, which allow you to easily migrate your email. Same remark as before, the structure isn't migrated with it. :doubt:

Maybe you'll get lucky and will find a tool which does it for you, although I doubt it.

Good luck with the migration. ;)

3. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Use a free IMAP server (AOL or gmail) as middle man.

IMAP enables you to upload all messages into folders on the server. And the Bat is able to download it from there.

Or better: Stick with IMAP and never worry about mail conversions anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.