TonyKlein's RDstandard: some questions

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by genuss, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genuss

genuss Registered Member

Please excuse me if I ask some dumb questions. I have unzipped in RD TonyKlein's RD Standard file and see now in Main three possibilities: disabled/ RDstandard/ Tony. I should run Tony, I suppose , but can I add a few rules I had already made for my applications (and put into RD standard) ? And keep the original RD standard unchanged ? Thank you for your help.

2. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

Hi. :)

If you have created application rules for your software in RDStandard, and want to use them in another ruleset, in this case 'Tony', you'll need to have the rules tin here as well.

Here's how to do that the easy way: In the RSStandard set, highlight the application rules group containing rules you want to copy to the Tony set, and press 'Export Group'.

That will back up that group to a location of your choice.

Now go to the Tony ruleset, highlight "Application Rules', then press "Import Group". Browse to the ghst file you just exported, and import it. Enable your newly imported Application Rules group, and you're in business.

You can do the same with other App groups you'd like to have in both Rulesets.

3. genuss

genuss Registered Member

That's very clear - thank you very much for your help Tony!

4. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

You're very welcome, glad to help. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.