To run real-time on 7x64, what one program would go well with an AV and Sandboxie?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by justenough, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justenough

justenough Registered Member

At the moment I am running MBAM Pro and Avast with File and Network shields real-time. I will probably try Avira next, see if that is as light. What would be one good second real-time program to run with a light AV and Sandboxie that might fill some security gaps? Mamutu and MBAM Pro are at the top of my list so far. Anything else I should look at? Thanks for any ideas.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  2. tonyf1971

tonyf1971 Registered Member

Prevx runs well on x64 windows.

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

+1 for Prevx as it runs light with either Avast or Avira. If you are running Windows 7 Ultimate try implementing applocker. Try to lock down your computer with as much built in security as you feel comfortable.

About the only real time issue I could see would be making sure your online browsing is safe from data theft (maybe Prevx Safe Online freebie promo from Facebook would fill that gap?). There may be some other online security tools like that available. I had issues with PSO and Chrome though.

Otherwise, seriously, you have Windows 7, 64 bit and running a high quality av and sandboxie. If something gets through that combo then you are just bound and determined to get infected. Have a couple on demand scanners and something to protect against keyloggers, man-in-the-middle attacks, etc and you are set.

4. justenough

justenough Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestions. There were a few problems with Prevx SO on my system. I don't have 7 Ultimate, so can't use AppLocker. Wonder if Mamutu or MBAM would protect against the keyloggers and man-in-middle attacks? If not, what would?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.