to eset developers

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by outcast, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outcast

outcast Registered Member

hi. i was using Eset smart security about 8 months ago. i test it very fast antivirus. but its cleaning feature very bad. i downloaded a rar file about 2gb. after download fnish i scanned that file for virus eset found 1 virus file in archive and i push clean. after that eset delete all archive.i lost 2gb archive and i obliget to download it again. kaspersky only delete virus file in rar, zip, etc.also eset can not clean registered activex or dll malware. kaspersky can delete them. also eset can not detect keyloggers (iclude legal keyloggers). eset firewall is not difference windows firewall. if you look the test results eset failed. also basic leak test eset didnt pass. antispam feature limited only microsoft junk email list.i have no idea about phishing feature.antispy feature is not good as eset said.while im using eset, it did not detect any spy, but i searched my computer with spybot it detect a few spy. i think eset should improve all features their product. isorry for my english i hope you can understand what i want to say. have a good works. thanks

2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i tested kav last week works ok apart from
    overclock spu = bsod
    tweeked graphics driver = bsod
    overclock grx = bsod
    any other security program = bsod

pick what you like, what works for you all system are different, if it doesn't work don't buy, simple as...

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It will be stupid for AV to do it . It will need to manually unpack the archive , clean what it can and then re-pack it . So , if it finds a threat inside , it will ask you and you decide what to do .

v4 can

Here is a recent example of EAV v4 :
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\byXNhhIb.dll - Win32/Adware.Virtumonde application - cleaned by deleting (after the next restart) - quarantined [1,2]

And after reboot , it has really been removed.

v4 has an extra driver called ESET Helper which handles the cleaning.

You are wrong . ESET detects legal/commercial keyloggers as pottentially unsafe applications . You must manually enable detection of them.

h++p://www.ardamax.com/downloads/setup_akl.exe multiple threats connection terminated - quarantined Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe.
    h++p://www.ardamax.com/downloads/setup_akl.exe » NSIS » POL.exe probably a variant of Win32/KeyLogger.Ardamax potentially unsafe application
    h++p://www.ardamax.com/downloads/setup_akl.exe » NSIS » POL.004 probably a variant of Win32/Keylogger.Ardamax potentially unsafe application
    h++p://www.ardamax.com/downloads/setup_akl.exe » NSIS » POL.006 Win32/KeyLogger.Ardamax.NAL potentially unsafe application
    h++p://www.ardamax.com/downloads/setup_akl.exe » NSIS » POL.007 Win32/KeyLogger.Ardamax potentially unsafe application
    h++p://www.ardamax.com/downloads/setup_akl.exe » NSIS » AKV.exe a variant of Win32/KeyLogger.Ardamax potentially unsafe application

Leak tests - nonsense . Read this carefully:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=220332&highlight=leak tests

ESS v4 integrates in Outlook Express , Windows Live , Office Outlook , Thunderbird.

Phishing protection is included as signatures . ESET can detect phishing emails , for example .

Spybot S&D is a dedicated antispyware application so it can detect some of the non-malicious entries . ESET will detect only malicius entries . For example - Spybot S&D will detect a spyware's folder or picture files (PNG , JPEG) as infected , even though a folder with a spyware name or pictures poses no security risk to your machine.

4. outcast

this method is really time lost. if archive include more than thousand file extracting and repacking will take an hour. right ?

ok eset fixed their mistake :)

i enabled detecting potentially unsafe application. but eset cant detect legal keylogger (power spy keylogger)

i think they agree with me. eset firewall is not good

i mean eset hasnt got spam list (black list email sender)

you are right but maybe eset should make simple registry monitor

5. outcast

i dont mean kaspersky is better than eset. but kaspersky features better than eset like malware cleaning,antispam and also firewall (i think). but kaspersky is using much system resources. i want to use eset if they improve their product.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Right . That is what I'm saying .

If you believe something should be detected , simply send it to them - samples@eset.sk .

No . Matousec tests aren't all dedicated to firewalls but include HIPS tests . That is why they aren't correctly testing all the products - some of them have no HIPS/behaviour analysis in realtime . Have you downloaded/executed some of them by yourself ?

7. outcast

yes i downloaded this (http://www.matousec.com/projects/security-software-testing-suite/) and try to test eset. as i already said eset cant detect running keylogger and it can captured my keyboard typed (i set eset to high security). but im not expert for this. i have to trust to tester. because im using online banking and shopping. im really interesting eset because of i dont want to give my system resources to my security software. eset is really light and fast product i have tried

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , you don't have to . These tests don't represent the reality .
    Actually , there are quite a lot tests on the Net , will you trust them all ?!

I guess you are not a M.D. , too , will you trust all comments/advises re. your health you find on the Internet ? I doubt .

9. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

Have you really used ESS?? Black list for the Spam filter is present since the first beta of v3.
    There is a button for sending addresses to the Spam Blacklist in ESS's toolbar for every supported client labeled "Spam Address"...
    And if yor client is not supported you can ask for support to ESET. Agree there should be support for more clients, like Opera's M2 integrated mail client, but with the ones actually present the park is pretty much covered.
    Also it now offers the possibility of using global address books and as always adding addresses to white lists from your own address books is there.

Attached Files:

10. outcast

you are absolutely right. but eset advertising av-comperatives awards. we have to trust something. dont we ? try to think like this :). anyway thank you for trying to help me. i dont want to force you :)

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

But AV-Comparatives , VirusBulletin , WebCoast , AV-Test.org - these are repurable institutions that all/most vendors trust and recognise . Matousec is not in the same boat , and I suppose won't soon be .

No , you are not forcing me ... whatever . Have a nice day!

12. outcast

i didnt know this. thanks for your warning. thank you for your patience. have a nice work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.