Tinywall & Windows File Notifier questions

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by roark37, Aug 31, 2014.

1. roark37

roark37 Registered Member

Hi,

I am using a new windows 7 laptop and I was having a problem with my wifi reconnecting after sleep or reboot. Once it finally got connected it seemed to be fine but usually I had to disable or quit Tinywall first. After getting connected I could open Tinywall and it seemed to work fine. I was not sure what the problem was and posted in the hardware section but I just uninstalled Tinywall and rebooted and it immediately connected to my home wifi so I am guessing I had some setting wrong in Tinywall but it still does not make total sense to me as why Tinywall would be okay(or seem to be) after finally connecting. I am using a router and is there some setting in Tinywall where I have to okay either the router or the wireless in laptop to avoid this issue?

Also I am trying to use Windows File Notifier now after removing Tinywall and I want it to prompt me on all outbound connections by programs which I thought was the default. But when I open Chrome or IE they just open to internet and no prompt. How do I set it so all programs including those ask first with the popup in WFN before connecting?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Regarding TinyWall, my advice is if you have lost your internet connection to say a browser. Is to look for the rules in TW and if have you lost them. And then if you have, import them back. It has happened me a few times. And for sure it feels strange, no internet. It seldom happens, but when it does, one goes to think like if my network card have gone dead etc silly things. Of course you can also change TW to "Allow outgoing" mode.

My laptop is never put to sleep mode since it is always connected to net and not running on its battery, so I can't answer you on that.

I think the latest Microsoft update on Win 7 64 bit systems might have caused some troubles, not just with TW.

3. Keter

Keter Registered Member

Once in a blue moon, TinyWall will freak out and block something inappropriately. Not sure what causes it but it's not a common occurrence.

4. ultim

ultim Developer

Starting with 2.1.6, this is solved once and for all. Will not forget your settings anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.