TI8 conflict with Partition Magic

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by beaver56, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beaver56

beaver56 Registered Member

I have sent an e-mail to technical support about the subject. I have build 771, created Secure Zone and when I went to PM8 for an unrelated issue, it would not open, giving an error: "Error 106: Partition didn't begin on head boundary". I wrote to Symantec (they bought PM from PowerQuest), who asked me to run a diagnostic test. They saw the result and asked me to delete the partition and re-open it. I deleted SZ, but before re-opening decided to check if PM would open OK, which it did. Re-installed SZ and again same error! Deleted SZ and PM would open ok. So, I will wait to see what TS answers, but will not install SZ, which I could live without from what I read here. I have now tested the Bootable CD and tested restoring from a DVD and no problem up to the "proceed" point, so it looks promising! I had tried Ghost 2003 before and after a disk failure it would not work! Ghost 2003 is very complicated to follow for a beginner like me, while TI8 was easy to follow with a lot less effort on my part. We'll see if it comes through under real restoring. Roberto.

2. beaver56

beaver56 Registered Member

I resolved the conflict. It was created by my selecting a Secure Zone size different than proposed by TI8. This caused the partition border to fall in the wrong place. Tested OK now. Roberto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.