TI8-Build 774 Says "Acronis Secure Zone Does Not Have Any Images"??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by icthrooyou, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icthrooyou

icthrooyou Registered Member

This is NOT comforting! I did a full backup to the Secure Zone with Build 771 on Sept 28th, 2004. I have done incrementals daily since then, the only exceptions are the days when ATI balks during an "Internal Error:Unhandled Exception", whatever THAT is (seems to happen 3 or 4 times weekly). About two weeks ago, I updated to Build 774. The "unhandled exceptions" continued. However, I just went in to do an "Explore" of the images in the SZ and guess whato_Oo_O Even though my 40 GB SZ shows "total size=40 GB" and "free space = 21 GB", thus indicating the existence of a 19 GB "SOMETHING", when I go to "Explore" the files, TI reports there are NO FILES IN THE SZ!!! WHAT is up with THATo_O

Anyone had this problem or something similar?

Oh yeah, I also remember getting some sort of message about the TI Scheduler wanting to terminate itself in an unusual way and WIN XP complained about it. Since I got that message, I cannot run ANY backups! TI8 is LOCKED UP and I can't get it unstuck. I cannot do any manual or scheduled backups, either full or incremental to ANY location PERIOD... sound familiar to anyone? I'll be writing to support soon unless I get some help here in the forum.

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
  2. icthrooyou

Further update...

I seem to be able to VERIFY OK the image in the SZ from both the boot disk and from the F11 Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. However, I cannot explore the SZ image from inside WinXP (SP1) in Acronis...

I also note that my scheduled daily incremental backup has not processed any day over the last week or so even though it's scheduled for 4:00AM DAILY... TI seems to be totally dysfunctional right now.

I wanted to do an uninstall/reinstall, but I've got to get a trustworthy full backup completed first before I go experimenting. I'm guessing that if I uninstall, the SZ contents will be toast right?

3. Dog breath

Dog breath Guest

Why don't you try a different hard drive or try backing up outside the secure zone... I mean, heck, anyone can tell you, if you see an error then something is not right! First you need to find out what the error is... have you scanned your backup drive for errors, etc. Do you run a raid config, etc. etc.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello icthrooyou,

As I can see, you have many problems with Acronis True Image.

1) "Acronis Secure Zone Does Not Have Any Images" - We need the "report.txt" file.
    Please download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to support@acronis.com. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

2) "I also remember getting some sort of message about the TI Scheduler wanting to terminate itself in an unusual way and WIN XP complained about it." - this problem has been already fixed by our developer responsible for the scheduler module. The fix will be available in the next build.

3) Please also do the following:
    - Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Send the created schedreport.txt file to support@acronis.com.

4) "I also note that my scheduled daily incremental backup has not processed any day over the last week or so even though it's scheduled for 4:00AM DAILY..." - Please run Acronis True Image, click on the "Show operations log" icon, select the entry with the error, click on the "Save log entry to file" icon (diskette icon) and send the saved log file to support@acronis.com

I strongly recommend you to contact support@acronis.com regarding these problems and send us all the above files.

Thank you.

5. icthrooyou

If TI would complete a full backup then I would have already tried that. However, it was stuck at the time of my first two posts. Magically, it seems to be working now, even my scheduled 4:00am incremental... ??

I'll follow through with Andrew's assistance.

Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.