TI10 Recovery Media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by buddym, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buddym

buddym Registered Member

When I select the "Full" TI after booting from a TI Home 10 created CD I am unable to use my mouse. The mouse is recognized but only vertical movement of the curser shows...no lateral movement or button presses. I have a Dell XPS Gen4 with wireless desktop keyboard/mouse.

One thing I tried was to download and install a standalone version of BARTPE. After booting with a CD created by the separately installed BARTPE I was able to use the mouse normally. Both programs installed and ran with no errors. What is happening?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The TI recovery environment is Linux based and its shortcoming is that drivers for some devices are either unavailable or poor. By creating the BartPE CD you built a special Windows system that had the needed drivers.

Raise an official support request with Acronis and they will should try and provide you with a CD image you can use with the proper drivers. They should then incorporate them into the next build (one would hope).

3. buddym

buddym Registered Member

Seekforever - Thanks. I asked Acronis for support. Nothing yet.

4. WMW

WMW Registered Member

I created a recovery disk with TI10 Home. I backed up to a USB hard drive. When I tested the recovery disk, the software could not see the USB drive at all. I emailed support and the response was that I should disable USB legacy support in the BIOS. I will never know if that allowed the USB drive to be seen because it disabled my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite keyboard and mouse and I could do nothing on the recovery screen. Rather than hunt up an old PS2 keyboard, I recreated my Bart PE disk with the TI10 add in. That seems to work fine so I am wondering if there is any need to pursue the TI10 recovery disk issue any further. (By the way, I could never download the Bart PE plug-in from the Acronis site, so I hunted it up from another site.)

5. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

WMW, The BartPE plugin from Acronis is not a downloadable file anymore it is an option during install. If you selected this option there should be a BartPE folder where you installed Acronis True Image.

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If you are happy with the BartPE implementation then you don't need to pursue the TI10 recovery disk. I found that my TI disk booted up noticeably faster than the BartPE disk though - not really a big deal.

One thing you should check is the version number of TI running in the plug-in you downloaded. Prior to some build in TI9, the plug-in had to be downloaded and it was for version 8. The plug-in should match your version and build in order to have all the fixes and features.

7. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Recommend you use Mustang's plugins http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/ he has them for V8, 9, 10. I use the V9 plugin which works flawlessly for me.

8. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

I second the vote for using the Mustang plugins. I've used the rescue discs (Reatogo) created with them many times and they have never failed me.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello buddym,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please have a look at this previous post of mine and try the described workarounds.

If the issue persists, please collect the information requested in that post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.