TI Enterprise 8.0 have problems to image a Windows 2003 Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Maik, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maik

Maik Registered Member

Hi everybody,

we have 2 Servers with Windows 2000 and TI Enterprise server 8.0 Build 1143 and they works fine. We will image our new Windows 2003 with the agent of this Software and we receive the error message E00070021. This means that the disk have bad sectors or another program use the disk. We have install TI on a new Windows 2003 Server with new hardware. We have check our installed antivirussoftware (Symantec Enterprise) and they don't make problems with TI.

We have booted with the TI recovery cd and than we can image the server. So, I don't think that the hardware is the problem.

I have reported this problem to support@acronis.de but I haven't received a answer.

Is there anybody they can give me a hint about my problem?

Thank's a lot

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Maik,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply? I will find out the reason for the delay. Meanwhile could you please open Start -> Run on the computer where Windows 2003 is installed and issue the command:

chkdsk /r [drive letter]:

for each drive letter you have on that computer.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Maik

Maik Registered Member

Hi Ilya,

thanks for your answer.

If I use the command chkdsk /r for the server disk (it's a raid 5 with 6 single disk) I become the following message:

"The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
    checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N) "

I checked the command on our Windows 2000 Server where TI works. I become the same message.

If I answer the question with "Y" and reboot the server he checked his disk c:, but he doesn't found bad sectors.

I send 2 mails to support@acronis.de (5.7.2005 + 8.7.2005) but I doesn't received a autoreply with a request number.

I hope that you have a hint for me, because we will use TI 8 as backup software for this server.

best regards
    Maik

4. Acronis Support

Hello Maik,

We recommend you to update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server to the 1158 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. Please let us know if the problem remains.

Please please send me PM with your e-mail address that you used to send a letter to Acronis Support Team. I will take care of the situation.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. Maik

Maik Registered Member

Hi Irina,

my registered Version is the german version. If I try to download a update I have only access to the last german build (1143). That's the version that I have in use yet.

It's possible that you send me a downloadlink? If you give me access to the english version, can I make a update from the german to the english version or exist a german version with build 1158?

I send you my mail adress via pm.

thank you!

Maik

6. Acronis Support

Hello Maik,

The German version of the latest build of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server will be released in the future. Please install the below update with disabled logging and see whether the problem persists.

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/SnapAPI_s_e.exe

If the problem does persist, please enable logging by running the update once more, reproduce the program failure and send the c:\snapapi.log file with Acronis Report (please see Acronis post for the detailed instructions) to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and indicate in the subject that you want to contact Irina Shirokova. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
  7. Chris_2005

Chris_2005 Registered Member

I have the same problem on two of our servers. I already sent a mail to the support@acronis.de but I did not get any feedback until now. No autoresponse, just nothing.

I am using version 8.0 of Trueimage Server build 903 (newest one). Is there any solution for this problemo_O

I already ran chldsk with -r and -f. Still the same error.

Can anybody please help!

8. Acronis Support

Hello Chris_2005,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please PM your e-mail address to me? It seems that there is a problem with e-mail delivery from you (or to you from us). Once you let me know your e-mail you used to send the letter I will be able to find out what the problem is.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.