TI agent.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tonysch, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonysch

tonysch Registered Member

First off I must say this is an excellent program (once it works correctly). I have 6 windows 2003 servers being backed up to a NAS. This is how things have been working for over 6 months. I updated to version 9.1 and then my problems started. Everything worked for a couple of weeks then things just stopped happening. I have the latest 9.1 update installed and the agents are pushed to the servers. The 2 biggest problems are my Domain controllers. If I connect to my DC1 via the TI management consol I start creating a script and try to point it to the location of the nas \\nas\backup\DC1\current\backup.tib . I then get the "you do not have enough permissions to create this file. I am never asked to input the user and password credentials...? I am able to browse the domain to the nas and the primary share point but non deeper. My second problem is with my other DC (lets call this DC2). When I try to create a script I am unable to browse my domain. The domain name is there but no machines show up. If I try to input the \\nas\backup\DC2\current\backup.tib I get the " you do not have permissions to create this file... :blink:

I am thinking it has something to do with domain server privileges and rights. I was hoping someone has seen this before.. o_O

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Tony

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

off-topic post removed; let's refrain from the "bumps" and frownies and such please.

3. tonysch

tonysch Registered Member

I will refrain if someone would please reply to my post...

I am not asking much, and I know for a fact that I am not the only one to have this problem...

Please respnd to my first post. not this one.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tony,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (371:cool: of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please note that you should update (re-install) all components, including Acronis Management Console and Acronis Agents. It is obligatory for all components to be of the same builds in order to function properly.

Please also note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (371:cool: of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows then please try providing the corresponding user name and password when creating a script. You should use '/net_user' and '/net_password' options for this purpose (see section 15.1.1 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows User's Guide for details).

Please also note that in order to connect to a remote machine and perform any backup operations the user must be a member of the Backup Operators and Power Users or Administrators groups. You can edit particular user permissions by following: Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups -> Users -> Right click on the User Name -> Properties.

If the above does not help then please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem:

- Let us know what you mean exactly when saying that you are "creating a script"?

- When does the error message complaining about the problem with user permissions appear exactly?

- Describe the way you connect to a remote machine and create a backup in more details;

- Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for DC1, DC2, computer where network share used to store the backups is located and computer where Acronis Management console is running;

- Describe your network structure in detail;

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.