TI 9 will not image to my external drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dolime06, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolime06

Dolime06 Registered Member

I just upgraded to TI 9.0, build 3567. I am using XP Home, SP2. I have a second internal HD, identical to my boot drive. I can image to both of my internal drives, but not to my external Western Digital 160gb drive. Also, I was not able to image to the external drive with my previous TI 8.0. The image size is 33gb, and the free space in the external drive is 81gb. After a few minutes, TI stops reading to the drive and the computer locks up, forcing me to shut down by shutting off the power. I have tried stopping Zone Alarm and my virus scanner, shutting off the DSL modem, and have tried running TI in safe mode, with no success writing to the external HD. In the operations log, I get a warning “Priority changed to low priority”. Would very much appreciate some helpful advice.
    Thank you

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Dolime06

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

A couple of things you might try.

[1] Is to test your computers memory with Memtest86+.

[2] Try creating the Image with the Rescue BootCD [if you made one, if not do so], that will cut out any interference from any program that might be the cause in Windows.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dolime06,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please check each partition of your external USB hard drive by Windows utility: use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk [drive letter]: /r" for every partition of your external USB hard drive.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists after checking the hard drive and updating the drivers then please try the following tips in order to solve the problem you encounter:

- Try updating the drivers for your external USB hard drive to the latest version available on the vendor's official web site;

- Check whether your external USB hard drive is connected to the PC through a hub. If yes, then please try connecting it directly;

- Try connecting your external USB hard drive through another USB port (if possible);

- Try unplugging all other USB devices (if possible).

If none of the above suggestions helps then please enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package (see above) once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Please keep your external USB hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Windows System Information;

- Let us know the exact model of your external USB hard drive;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- When exactly does your system hang?

- Try copying files larger than 4 GB (e.g. images saved to one of your internal hard drives) to your external hard drive using Windows Explorer and inform us about the result;

- Inform us about the results of the memory test suggested by TheQuest;

- Do as TheQuest has suggested and try saving images to your external USB hard drive when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. Let us know the result.

Please also make a screen shot of the Device Tree application:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application;

- Run the application;

- Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;

- Move the margin to the left in order to see all the items;

- Make a screen shot;

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide all the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: May 6, 2006
  4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Create the bootable TI Rescue cd and use that for all your Imaging functions. You will want to know that that CD works anyway in case you are forced to use it - if your hard drive goes belly up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.