TI 9 says my image is already mounted ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mickiete, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mickiete

Mickiete Registered Member

Hi all,

I mounted a image last night to look thru, then unmounted it. Later I tried to mount it again, but TI kepps showing a error message saying "the image is already mounted".

If I look in My Computer I am unable to see it.

Anyone got any ideas please.

Thanks
    Mick

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Which OS are you using?

It is most likely that although TI has removed the drive letter, Windows has retained the drive info in registry. You can check this by right clicking on My Computer choose Manage and then navigate to Disk Management and see if there is a partition showing with no drive letter.

Once you reboot your computer, Windows should 'forget' that the drive existed and you will once again be able to mount an image.

Have you mounted an image previously and everything worked OK or is this the first time you've tried?

It might be that either Windows has glitched or you might need to update the SNAPAPI drivers, the link to which is lurking in one of the sticky topics.

Make sure in Windows Task Manager\Processes that the Acronis TimounterMonitor is running - without this process mounting will not work correctly if at all.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mickiete,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

If nothing helps, please just re-install the program. Please make sure that you are using the latest build of Acronis True Image. If the build number differs from the latest one, please download and install the latest build. You can learn more on how to download the latest build here

Also, you can re-install TrueImageWinMounter separately:

Download TrueImageWinMounter MSI Installer from this link and run it. Reboot the computer and see if the issue remains.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Mot likely related to a file handle problem and a reboot will clear it. So try that first. If the prob doesn't recur, you're home free. If it does, then the prior suggestions would be good next steps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.