TI 9 and DVD's

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AmbushHillbilly, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmbushHillbilly

AmbushHillbilly Registered Member

Hello all,
    I've been fighting an issue with TI 9 for a week or two now.

I can backup and recover a hard drive image using a network drive and a usb drive, both from in Windows and from bootable disc. I can also backup and recover an image from DVD from Acronis in Windows.

However, I take the exact same image file and burn it to DVD (just like all the other stuff I burn to DVD) and I can't recover after booting into Acronis from the bootable CD. I get a "not the latest warning" when I select the file to recover. Then I get a E00040012 error and then the "Processing" window comes up forever. I get the same errors when trying to verify as well.

To clarify, this problem only comes up with the DVD, after booting into Acronis. I've checked the image file both on the drives and on the DVD and all are okay. It's only one 3gb file so there's no multiple DVD issues. I'm on TI 9 Build 2337 (latest and greatest). I'm on a Dimension 5100 with XP SP2 and little else (it's a lean, mean trading machine).

The other backup options are certainly convenient, but if worse comes to worse I want to go down to the safety deposit box, get the discs, come back and restore my system.

I've perused the forum and tried several things suggested here, such as reloading the Acronis drivers, turning off logging, and disconnecting the network connection. No joy.

I'm going back and forth with Acronis support for awhile now. They've had me try most everything under the sun to this point. I suspect it's a bug in the program when trying to recover from DVD, after booting into Acronis. But any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Things that make TI hiccup are multiple USB devices and wireless keyboard/mouse. Do you have any of those?

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Whilst the above may be true for some few computers and operating systems it certainly does not apply to all.
    My own set up has 9 full USB inputs serviced by three different on board controllers. The only small problem is that my Wacom USB tablet and mouse do not work when booting from the Acronis recovery CD, but then I never expected it to and it also does not function when I boot in Windows safe mode. Incidentally I also use three different makes of USB 2 HDDs with which True image has no problems at all.
    End of nit-picking mode. :))

Xpilot.

4. AmbushHillbilly

I have a usb drive (which I added after this problem btw), and I do have a wireless keyboard and mouse. I have to do the F11 and "usbmouse=off" thing when I boot into Acronis. That's it.

I'll see if I have an alternative. I'm not sure this new computer has anything but USB for input.

Thanks.

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I would tend to suspect DVD drive incompatibility with the linux OS on the boot CD.

Can you try a different drive to read your DVD disks?

Is your firmware way out-of-date on your DVD drive?

I would have thought if your DVD drive was a standard IDE device that incompatibility wouldn't be a problem but since it seems to work OK within Windows and not with linux it does seem to point to the linux implementation.

The BartPE with TI plugin route could well fix this problem since it uses the Windows drivers rather than linux.

6. AmbushHillbilly

Computer is a 6mo old Dell 5100. DVD drive is the Plextor it came with.

I'll research the BartPE item.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.