TI 9.0 build 3677 does not work for me!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by richard levin, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richard levin

richard levin Registered Member

When I start a backup with TI build 3677 the program sits forever and does not backup. I removed it and reloaded. I can backup using Norton Ghost and bounceback but TI does not work. I used to use 8.0 and it worked fine. Someone please help. Thanks.

2. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

When you get a response from the Acronis staff, they will tell you to do a bunch of reporting issues to them of course. If it were me, and version 8 worked well and you don't really need the file and folder backup or the DVD writing 'fixes', I would go back to v.8.0.0.937, as you stated v.8 worked.

Just my opinion of course, as a newer version of 9 will be out soon with some more configuration issues 'fixed'.

Allen

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

In order for 3677 to work, all residue from 8 needs to be removed. If the version 8 "Secure Zone" exists or version 8 "Startup Recovery" is installed, remove both of these with your existing version 9.

If you have not done so, create a "bootable Rescue CD" using the 3677 build.

Then I would un-install your existing True Image .

After creating a new XP restore checkpoint, I would edit the registry and visit the two links below and delete the references to Acronis

..HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis
    ..HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis

Then I would open Explorer to the Program Files folder and delete the Acronis folder.

Then, I would do a fresh install of build 3677
    ..Retry the backup from both within Windows and definietely retry using the "bootable Rescue CD".

Any backups stored in the "Secure Zone" will be lost. Any backups stored elsewhere will be usable providing you use the same version Restore CD which created the backups.

Let us know the results. Don't forget to download the latest PDF file from the update site.

PS: If you have not checked your drive for errors lately, this would be a good time--preferably from within the XP Recovery Console (chkdsk.exe c: /R)

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Is there any difference if you disable bounceback? I would also disable Ghost for good measure.

5. Mascot

Mascot Registered Member

I had the same happen to me. In my case it turned out to be Kaspersky Antivirus that made modifications to the filesystem that confused the hell out of TI. Not even uninstalling KAV fixed it, I had to restore a previous image to get things back to normal.

If you use KAV, you might have your answer. If you don't, obviously not. :)

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello richard levin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file. Please also create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please clarify what did you mean by "the program sits forever and does not backup". Did you mean that the program hang? If so please do the following:

- Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and press Enter;

- In the dialog that appears check the Log File and Crash Dump paths, then press the OK button;

- Run Acronis True Image and reproduce the problem;

- Pick up the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2;

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.