TI 8 will not Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rxtian, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rxtian

rxtian Registered Member

I uninstalled TI 8 from my old computer and installed it on my new computer. I can not use the restore function, as I get errors.
    1). E000101F4 True Image has not found any hard disk drives.
    2). USB; c : Unable to get device descriptors Error 84.

My new computer ( Dell Vostro 400 Dual Core 2 2.33, 2gb ram, XP Home, two Sata hard drives ) has two Sata drives just like the old one ( Dell 4700 Pent 4 3.0 gz HT, 1gb ram, two Sata hard drives, XP Home). I put the Image on the 2nd drive just like on the old computer. I've done complete uninstall/new installs twice.

Please help me fix this problem. Ordinarily I would just get the discount on TI 11, but something tells me I would have the same problem. Maybe the Acronis Gurus can give me some good advice. I've sued TI 8 on my old computer successfully for years, and I've used TI 10 on my Laptop for 6 months successfully. I would hate to leave my new desktop without backup protection. Thanks

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

You will need to upgrade to get the latest drivers which will see your sata drives. Be sure and un-install v8 before installing any other version.

Why not download the ver 11 trial download. You could then determine whether it will work for you before purchase. Be sure and un-install the trial version before installing a paid version. Even if the trial version does not work, Acronis will work with you to get the appropriate Linux drivers for your Rescue CD.

3. rxtian

rxtian Registered Member

Grover : thanks for the quick reply. I'm confused about the drivers, as my old computer had sata drives, as does the new one. Maybe different manufacturer, or who knows what.

I am certainly not against buying TI 11. The ability to make a complete image of my new computer and restore it fully in case of problems, is worth the $. Would the Trial Version allow me to make an backup image and then restore it. I would like to know that it's gonna work.

It just hit me, after re-reading our reply... With TI 8 on the old computer, I never had to use the Rescue Disc to restore. I just opened up the TI application and clicked Restore, had to reboot, and then it would restore from the 2nd internal drive.
    Have things changed somehow, that with the new computer I would have to start out with the Restore Disc to restore the new computer that has the backup image on the 2nd internal hard driveo_O

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rxtian,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that in case of a system/hard drive crash you will be unable to boot into Windows, and you will need to use Acronis Bootable Rescue Media in order to restore your system.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 11 Home to see how the software works on your computer, as GroverH suggested. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 11 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product. Notice that as you already own a previous version of Acronis True Image, you can purchase an upgrade installation package at reduced price (as compared to independent installation package).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. rxtian

rxtian Registered Member

Re: TI 8 will not Restore RESOLVED

GroverH and Marat : I took your advice, and downloaded the Trial TI 11 and the create and restore image worked.

I then un-installed the trial and upgraded TI 8 to TI 11.
    I created a full backup image, and then successfully restored it.
    Then I made some changes, created a 2nd Image, and Restored that successfully.

Thank You both, for your help and advice. With a working True Image, I feel relieved that I have good protection against adversity (my own lack of computer skills).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.