TI-8 Nvraid and SATA disk - Why DOES it work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nkarnold, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkarnold

nkarnold Registered Member

Ok, read all the threads about Raid and SATA drives.. but i thought i'd give TI8 ago on my new setup
    MSI K8N Diamond NForce SLI motherboard with
    NVraid Controller - 4 Sata ports
    SIL 3128 - 2 Sata Ports.

I have connected to the NVRaid controller only
    2 x 36gb Raptors - RAID 0
    2 x 250 Hitachi - RAID 0

If i boot up with a normal recovery CD, i see no disks, which is what i expect.

However When i boot up with a safe mode CD, i can see and recover everything.

WHY ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nkarnold,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are glad to hear you managed to use Acronis True Image with your RAID configuration. Please note that the "Safe" version doesn't support USB, SCSI and some other devices.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Ilya,

I've mentioned it before but I think it's worth pointing out again that, depending on the make and model of the motherboard and its BIOS routines, the "Safe" version of the rescue CD may well be able to detect an external USB drive. If all else fails then it's certainly worth giving it a try.

Regards

4. Zintar

Zintar Guest

Yes, safe mode works with USB drives on the recent ASUS motherboards I've tried it on. (Although the non-safe boot CD drivers are usually faster.) I think the Acronis instructions are a little overly cautious about when safe mode will work. If the regular CD doesn't work, safe mode is worth a shot even with USB.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

I must correct myself. The "Safe" version of Acronis Bootable CD works using DOS drivers and BIOS. That is why it may work with USB especially if you have a new model of motherboard. However we cannot guarantee the proper work of the "Safe" with the USB devices with all the motherboard. It may work. This disk is used only in case the "Full" version doesn't work.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.