TI 8- NTFS FAT32

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Chelsky, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chelsky

Chelsky Registered Member

Hi I have already posted this once but it doesn't appear to have got through. I bought TI8 the other day and started to create an image of my C drive, to save on my D drive. Both my HD are NTFS but when I read the information just prior to creating the image it said the file system being created was Fat32. Is this right and if I need to restore the image back to C drive will it be NTFS or FAT32? Thank you Chelsky

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Chelsky,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

Could you please clarify the problem by creating several screen shots illustrating the problem and sending them to support@acronis.com? Please include reference to this thread in your request.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. Chelsky

Thanks for the reply Andrew. I am afraid I got mixed up. My queery arose when I was creating a Secure Zone!!! Sorry. I have done it the wrong way. I created an image first, then a secure zone. The image is NTFS but the secure zone is FAT32. Do I have to format the Secure Zone Partition and change it to NTFS before I can put the Image in it. At the moment the partition is unallocated but healthy. Sorry for the confusion. Chelsky

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Chelsky,

We regret to inform you that the only way to store the image into Acronis Secure Zone is to create it there. It means that you cannot copy it from another partition.

Also please note that Acronis Secure Zone shouldn't be converted to any other format. Please do not apply any partitioner to it, otherwise you may lose all the data stored in Acronis Secure Zone.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Chelsky

Thank you Ilya, I understand. Chelsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.