TI 8 is slower than snail

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Access Denied, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

I have had TI since version 6 and its never taken this long for an image nor did I EVER have a lag on this beast of a PC. 16 minutes to do what v7 and Drive Image 7 both did in less than 7. If this is any indication, you can already tell sales that a refund request will be forthcoming. I am gonna image and test on a fresh install before I go that far just to make sure that it is not another program causing it. :mad: :blink:

2. f123

f123 Guest

Good idea. Always best to install in a clean partition. Tested TI 7 server. It was 20% faster than Drive Image 4/5 in normal mode. TI 7 isn't a bad product. Unfortunately, it's trying to do too many things IN windows! The purpose of drive imaging is to copy everything in the partition, AS IS, without any modifications. If the program is going to change some parameters such as page file, hibernate file, and cluster size, then be sure to include options where the user can manually override these changes!!!

Any improvement in speed if you run it outside of windows?

F.

3. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

I would test it that way but that is not acceptable to me as way to image seeing that I bought this for within windows scheduled backups. Just noticed that the overall tiny lag that follows all images prior to this TI 8 is not existing post backup. I may just just keep this if the new version can run my schedule as needed and see my network by default which is a MAJOR concern as I have just gotten the 2k3 server and plan to move most everything over to that and use this as just an OS once I get it setup corectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.