TI 8 and re-installing Windows.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jezza, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezza

Jezza Registered Member

My Windows XP installation is getting a little old and quirky despite my best attempts to keep it going and I'm thinking of reinstalling from scratch. I use True Image 8.0 and back up to a secure zone on a second hard drive in my system. What I wanted to do was reinstall Windows, install True Image and then browse a mounted image to restore all of my files, settings, etc. My question is when I reinstall True Image will it discover and be able to use the pre-existing secure zone on my second hard drive with my drive image in it? If not, I'll have to find another way to backup all of my files for the purposes of reinstalling XP.

Thanks for any ideas on this.

2. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Cannot see why not BUT you will only be able to restore files such as word docs pics etc not programes as you will be missing the registry settings as these will have been scrubed with the new install.

3. Jezza

Jezza Registered Member

Thanks for the reply-just what I needed to know. It doesn't matter about not being able to restore programs as I'll reinstall everything from scratch.

Thanks again for the reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.