TI 8.0 build 937 english

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Gaytan, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaytan

Gaytan Registered Member

Hello,

Today october 11 I loaded the MS Updates onto my WinXP SP2 system and rebooted my pc.

Have been using TI 8.0 build 937 for my images up till now to my external Maxtor drive; all always went well. As of now I get the error message:
    "True Image was unable to detect any hard drives" when trying to image my C:
    Uninstalled TI 8.0, rebooted system, reinstalled TI; still same message occurring. Are there any issues concerning the MS updates maybe?

I'm unable to make my images now unfortunately.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Grtz.

Gaytan

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Unless you have turned off Windows system restore at least one and possibly more restore points would have been created by default. So you could roll your system back before some or all of the updates and then selectively download them one by one to see if that is where the problem lies.

None of the updates affected my system but sometimes Windows moves in mysterious ways.

Xpilot

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Another good reason to create the bootable TI Rescue cd and use it for ALL your backups, cloning and restores. Trying to use TI from within Windows you eventually run into trouble sooner or later - as you have now found out.

4. Gaytan

Gaytan Registered Member

XPilot: thanks; will have to try this upcoming weekend.... Quite a lot of work though but still; good option!

Ralphie: very well; am using my bootcd right now to still be able to make backups; with the cd no problems whatsoever...

If anyone more or other options? You're wellcome....
    Would love to have an official Acronis Support reply as well...
    :)

Grtz.

Gaytan

5. Gaytan

Gaytan Registered Member

Re: TI 8.0 build 937 english; works again!

Hi Guys,

My TI 8 build 937 works again fine!

What I did?

-Cleaned out the registry with all Acronis / Trueimage entries I could find with 'RegSeeker' (freeware; good program)
    -Deleted / removed all Acronis / True Image files and folders on my hdd.
    -Reboot PC
    -Reinstalled my TrueImage; now all is well again.

Read on this forum guy(s) who had the problem reappearing frequently; I hope this will not be my case.

Thanks for your replies! I appreciate them very much!

Grtz!

Gaytan:thumb:

6. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Once you have made the bootable Rescue cd there's absolutely no need to keep TI installed on your hard drive.

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Unless you like the speed and convenience of doing a quick backup. I have never experienced any problems doing backups from within Windows with TI9 and I have all the latest MS critical patches.

8. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

I've been following this forum closely for about one year now and I have yet to see the distrust some users have towards TI running in Windows supported by evidence.

I always run TI from duly updated Windows and do not even close down the AV or the firewall before imaging. Never had a problem. Some users even report working with the computer normally while the imaging of the system partition is under way.

As far as I am aware the precaution of running TI regularily from the boot CD has always turned out to be just a peace of mind choice. Not to belittle that, of course.

9. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Ralphie has harped repeatedly about only using the boot CD to image. This, IMHO, is hogwash.
    ALL my backups have ALWAYS been done within Windows with EVERYTHING still running and I have NEVER had a problem with validation or restoring.

10. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Yes, when someone chooses to ignore all the benefits of imaging while booted in Windows that is their problem and they should not try to convince others to take this short sighted approach.

One of the main joys of TI is that a schedule for backups can be set up and they run on their own without fail with no need for the user to do anything more. I would like to see that managed when booting from the rescue CD.

Xpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.