TI 2009 Home Problem with restored image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Leo Scott, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo Scott

Leo Scott Registered Member

I have a Dell Laptop that I have backed up and restored many times with versions prior to TI 2009 Home. It has a hidden diagnostic partition. Now after backing up and restoring with TI 2009 Home the laptop will only boot the first time. Any restart attempts after that just wind up with a blank screen and a flashing underline cursor in the top left corner. I have tried replacing the drive in case it was defective.

What is causing this behavior and is there a correction for it?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Leo Scott,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

If you backup the system partition (or the entire hard drive) with the hidden partition, please recover the hidden partition without resizing it. Or you can exclude the hidden partition during the recovery leaving the "native" hidden partition alone. Check the results.

Also, when the boot fails, please try to apply an in-place fix, i.e. perform FixMBR operation on Windows Xp or Repair BCD on Windows Vista. See if the issue remains.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.