TI 11 does not restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nganvu, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nganvu

nganvu Registered Member

I just upgraded my Acronis TI to version 11.
    Problem: it does not restore: I received this message " unable to loac Linus Kernel, Please hit enter to reboot"

I am puzzled: I have MS Vista.
    I had to go back to TI 10.
    Please help.
    Thanks
    Ngan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nganvu,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The issue you describe seems to be related to the system partition restore being launched from within Windows. In this case Acronis True Image 11 Home reboots the system into the standalone environment based on the Linux operating system. In order to find the reason for that the Linux kernel can not be loaded on your machine we will need some additional information. Please proceed as follows:

- Create Acronis Bootable Rescue Media by means of the embedded Bootable Media Builder. For the detailed information on creating bootable rescue media with Acronis True Image 11 Home please refer to the Chapter 11 "Creating bootable media" of the product documentation.

- Boot your computer from the created rescue disc and press F11 key after the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and you get to the selection screen of the program. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the word "quiet" and click on the OK button. Please use a digital camera to make a shot of the last output screen and then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and definitely will provide you with a solution.

Please feel free to contact us again any time should you have any further questions.

Thank you.

Best regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

3. nganvu

nganvu Registered Member

Alex,
    I did what you recommanded: rebooted from the boot disc, then removed "quiet" from the linux setup. But the problem stayed the same: the message " unable to find Linux Kernel, please hit "Return" to reboot. I hit return to reboot, then received the same message. It is a vicious circle which did not carry me anywhere.
    PS: the " unable to find Linux Kernel, please hi "Return" key to reboot" pops up at every reboot. I could not go further.
    In the meantime, I will go back to version 10, until you come up with a new build for the version 11.
    Ngan

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nganvu,

Then the most probable reason for the issue is that Acronis Bootable Media creation process has gone corrupt. In this case we recommend you to try creating the bootable media ISO image by means of the embedded Media Builder and burn it to a CD-R/RW disc with your favorite CD/DVD burning program.

In case the issue still persists with the produced rescue disc please submit a request for the ISO image via web form at Acronis official web site and we will send you a download link to it.

We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you.

Best regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.