TI 10 not autodating files correctly!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ricicle5, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricicle5

ricicle5 Registered Member

Hi,

I was led to believe that True Image automatically names the backup files in accordance with when they are created, when stored to a defined Backup Location. But here are my last 2 backup file names (of 4 backups in total), - and they are not dated correctly! The time doesn't tie up either, suggesting the time to be 11.43pm - or have I misinterpreted this?

2006_12_13_23_43_18_039F3.TIB for the file created on a scheduled backup @ 10.15pm on 14th Dec
    2006_12_13_23_43_18_039F4.TIB for the file created on a scheduled backup @ 10.15pm on 15th Dec

The first 2 backup filenames (not shown here) are similarly dated as the 13th Dec, which is actually correct, as I ran the schuled backup twice on that date just to test it.

Could somebody please explain where I might have gone wrong, or is this another True Image bug?
    Cheers!

2. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

My file names are always an hour off, for example 2006_12_16_06_25_11_981D.TIB for a full image started automatically at 5:25 each morning. I only do full images, not incremental or differential, that might explain the minutes being wrong, I'm not sure. I've seen other posts on the forum about the hour difference, I've seen no explanation.

If you start through the restore process far enough to select one of your backup files, it may show the correct time there, as mine does.

3. ricicle5

ricicle5 Registered Member

Thanks. I'm not so bothered about the time being off, but would like the date to be correct. Have you had a dating issue like this?

4. CatFan432

Sorry, I misunderstood. After a quick test, it appears you're doing incremental backups, and it looks to me like the date and time will be the date of the "Parent" full backup until such time as you create a new full backup. At any rate, mine duplicated what you're seeing.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Why wouldn't an incremental show the date that the inc file was created? After all, that's as of when the backup is current.

How peculiar.

6. CatFan432

One reason I can think of is that perhaps Acronis wants to make sure the parent backup with it's incrementals will display as a group. The ability to enter a name for your backup, followed by the current dating format automatically added, with new dates for incrementals, would solve this. Could end up with some very long names, but that would be the users choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.