TI 10 Home: .TIBs in Backup-locations not accessible

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hoffi, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffi

Hoffi Registered Member

Setting up the new "backup-locations" for Backup. Backups run ok.

But trying to mount a backup or to Search through an archive fails because the "backup location" is not presented in the fileOpen dialog, and navigating manually to the corresponding folder and *.TIBs doesn´t help - the "Next"-Button stays greyed-out.

It should be noticed that the TIBs are showed with an generic icon within the mount-assistent, and with a normal (trueimage drive) icon within the windows explorer.

The only way to access backup images so far was to do an explizit restore operation.

This problem is on w2kSp4, not on WinXPsp2. TI 10 Home Build 4871, alredy done a repair install.

Never had any problems mounting an archive with previous versions.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hoffi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that, as described in chapter 12 "Exploring archives and mounting images" of the respective User's Guide, images created in the backup locations cannot be mounted, only explored.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Hoffi

Hoffi Registered Member

Sorry, exploring does not function, either.
    If I do "Backup-Archiv durchsuchen" (which I think is the equiv. to "explore") and in the fileOpen-dialoge choosing "+Backup-Speicher " (=Backup-Store) and then "Z:\Backup\Store" (which is where my Backup-Store is), a Explorer-Dialog with numerous automatically named *.TIB files is presented. If I doubleklick somewhere, the system asks me for a program to open the file with.
    I don't think this is the intended behaviour. What should happen is that the logical view of the backup location is presented.

Attached Files:

4. Hoffi

Hoffi Registered Member

And, seondly, your reply does not explain why everything works as expected on WinXP!!!

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Odd. I am able to mount images in Managed Backup Locations, so long as they are disk/partition images and not file backups, which cannot be mounted in any event.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hoffi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download and install the latest build (4940) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If updating does not solve the problem, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive and install unpacked MSI package.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create a screenshot of the wizard window with the greyed button.

Please also create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Marat Setdikov. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.