Thunderbird: invalid header

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by peteforsyth, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peteforsyth

peteforsyth Registered Member

Upon a new install of Eset Smart Security a couple weeks ago, suddenly Thunderbird comes up with the following message:

ALERT - The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Message contains invalid header​

This happens when first launching Thunderbird in the morning, once for each new message. Then it happens again when OPENING the message.

I suspect the following issue is the underlying problem, and I think ESET might be causing the header to get corrupted. But that's as much as I've been able to surmise.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Message_contains_invalid_header

I'm running the most recent versions of Thunderbird (2.0.0.21) and ESS (4.0.314.0) on Windows XP SP3 (all critical updates installed). I have the following TB add-ons installed: Lightning, Provider for Google Calendar, and Zindus.

Is ESS truly the cause of the problem? Any solution in sight?

2. PatG

PatG Registered Member

TB user for last 4 years. OS same as yours, however, I do not have your add-ons in TB. My add-ons are: Allow Empty Subject, Quote Colors, and Talk Back. Been ESET user since inception and running v 4.37 and have never encountered any problems. Don't think ESET is your problem, IMO.

3. estbird

estbird Eset Staff

Try to install ESS 4.0.437.0 (there were fixed a lot of issues since 4.0.314)
    4.0.314.0 is pretty old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.