Threads Not Showing New Anymore

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Uffbros, Jan 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uffbros

Uffbros Registered Member

I frequent the Updates Forum and all of a sudden it no longer shows New when something is addedo_O I am signed in and all. Anyone else notice this on that forum? I see the New tag on other forums? Thanks

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi,

I'm guessing this is a very intermittent thing, here-and-there and on-again-off-again. I'll run into the same thing sometimes (no specific forum), and quite often just dropping out to the main forum listing ("Wilders Security Forums") and back in again has the "new" tags showing again.

Or log out and log back in again, sometimes that helps too. Maybe clear your browser cache too, while you're at it, that sometimes accomplishes unusual "cures".

Just one of those "Ain't science wonderful?" things, I guess. ;)

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

From a software perspective there's nothing different about the Update Alerts forum and any other section here. After trying the usual fixes like described above (also including fully deleting the cookie related to Wilders and getting a new one), the only other ideas center around checking your browser, firewall, proxy and any filtering software on your system.

Oh and just to be sure, you don't enter Wilders directly to the Update Alerts forum index do you? Obviously, once you've seen that index page, even if you read no threads there, the main index page's new posts flag will be gone until another new post is made in the updates section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.