This version (.551)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by De Hollander, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

That has been released today .551, is it the same as discovered this weekend. If it’s a different version, are there any changes.

2. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Id like to know that too (hence the continued requests from folks including me for a published changelog).The .551 AV version is giving me no end of problems on my 2000 system.ekrn.exe has encountered errors and will be shut down ,has happened twice in a few hours.Also some webpages just "hang" trying to load.Ive reverted back to the rc1 which works fine.So is todays release the .551 that was leaked saturday?
    ellison

3. Slochy

Slochy Registered Member

Cool, that sounds like the issue I've mentioned in my thread.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It could be the Flash player issue (check your OS Event log).
    Also play with the settings . Disable Advanced Heuristics and Run-time packers on the web-protection module , uncheck the option to scan kind of files - in the web protection and try again.

Or try to exclude a site from scanning

5. GAN

GAN Registered Member

I compared the leaked version against the one available from eset now and the files are identical. Used a tool to do this so i didn't just compare the filesize. So yes it's the same with the same bugs. I didn't find that surprising though since releasing two different files with the same version number would really be confusing and no serious company would do that.....at least that's what i like to believe.

I would be surprised if we don't see a new version available pretty soon though. Since i only use nod32 and not ess i cannot see any benfit upgrading to a new version 3.0 with several bugs so i'll stick to 2.7 for now. I would also be very interesting in some information about what the new features are since i really hope it's more then a new GUI, some new buttons, use more memory and smaller virus def updates. After testing version 3.0 the only reason why i would consider to upgrade is if the invisible stuff is better like the engine. I'm pretty sure they enhanched more then just the gui, but would be nice to know what it actually is.

6. De Hollander

So the indication is that it's the same version. Good anybody from Eset please respond, by saying Yes or No.

Thx

P.s: Thank you for editing the topic titel
    Edit: typo

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  7. ellison64

Mmm.... i just encountered a very serious issue with .551 version.I downloaded the "official" file ,released today.Uninstalled rc1 again ..rebooted and deleted eset application data ,and performed a reg clean ,and rebooted again.I didnt perform a winsock fix because my net worked ok.I then installed the file id just downloaded from eset site.It installed ok ,and every thing seemed ok.I then opened the wilders forum ,and "bang"...that damn ekrn.exe has encountered errors (or words to that effect).I tried to take a print screen of the error ,but when it happens everything just freezes ,even task manager and i had to physically hold my pc shutdown button in to switch the pc off.Upon restarting i had an error message saying windows couldnt start because file WINNT\system32\config\SYSTEMced was corrupt or missing.Thank goodness i had rollbackrx.This final version really doesnt like my OS ,or some program that i use.Im using w2000 pro service pack 4.The only program that i can think of that may interfere is admuncher as i know there were issues with online armour and admuncher to do with the way admuncher hooks at kernel level or something like that anyway.RC1 works as does 2.7 and my pc works fine without any of these installed so please dont say its my system.There seems to be something radically different between the rc1 and the final.After the attempt just half an hour ago to run the final and the subsequent problems i am loathed to install it again to even send a ticket,as the ekrn error appears out of the blue.Are there any w2000 pro (and admuncher) users that are /are not having problems/?
    ellison

8. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

If that would be true, it wouldn't be a very clean business they are doing with us, but I really doubt, that they would launch an unchanged beta. I can't imagine!

9. GAN

GAN Registered Member

It's not just an indication.....they are identical.

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The rc1 version was 3.0.4xx, the release version is 3.0.5xx

11. ellison64

Is there a radical change in some component in the versions to account for the problems im having?.If not is there a debug version i can try?.551 is not at all stable on my pc so i dont really want to put that back on unless i absolutley have to.
    ellison

12. De Hollander

? The same version ?

Thank You.

13. GAN

GAN Registered Member

- The official release available from some eset websites now is version 3.0.551
    - The leaked version from this weekend is also version 3.0.551

These two versions (leaked and official from eset now) are identical which means no difference at all.

Version 3.0.414 rc1 is the previous version from eset available for the public which is a release candidate and not a final version. The release candidate (3.0.414 rc1) is NOT identical to the official release available now or the leaked version from this weekend with the version number 3.0.551.

14. De Hollander

Thank you.

15. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

I'm feeling a little disappointed that 3.0.551 was deemed release quality.

Did ESET look into the issue with Graphics being broken / not loading on some web pages?

I bet ESET will release a new version as early as next week. I guess they were tied to the November 5 launch and just didn't have enough time to do proper testing on their internal versions. :doubt:

16. poutine

poutine Registered Member

RC1 was infinitely more stable and bug free than the 551 !!! ( Well for me )

17. Slochy

Slochy Registered Member

Thanks for confirming that for me. It'd be cool to leave a small comment in my thread, too, though. Right now I'm feeling like being the only one having this problem ;) Cheers!

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=190283

18. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

:cool: No worries. Actually I made a thread about it too and about 8 or 10 people saw this problem. No ESET response yet. :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.