...this thing i have...called StartPage-DU

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by StrikeXIII, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrikeXIII

StrikeXIII Guest

I have no idea what it is...mcafee keeps detecting it, like when i do something, it seems to be more a set hour when it pops up, but it uses some dll, i can delete the dll, but it just comes back, how do i clean the whole thing. When i go into mcafee and scan, it doesnt find it. I also have the BackDoor-CFB virus, and it doesnt even detect it, can someone help me?
  2. lord dubu

lord dubu Registered Member

Jul 10, 2004
    I have been fighting the same two monsters for the better part of a week now. There's another thread here on the backdoor-cfb. No one's removed it yet, but there is a registry change you can make which will allow you to keep it from initializing every time you open an app.

As to the startpage, I was getting it frequently, until I deleted an exe I found in my temp internet files. I wish I could remember the name of the file. It still launches every night around midnight, and I haven't been able to stop it. But fortunately mcafee can delete the dll it spawns. The original file changes its name though, because by the time I get to the folder mcafee says it was in the file is gone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.