This Blasted Thing Is Making Me Nutzzz!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by simmikie, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

okay.... i need some guidance/advice/counseling/or a stiff drink (and i don't drink)!

the problem: I LUV DynamicSecurityAgent! why is that a problem? because it doesn't work well on my system! this app just trounces everything i throw at it. i am not someone that gets-off on an app passing leak test purely to say it can. but if leak test truly model themselves after real potential exploits/hacks and measure ones security apparatus's ability to thwart those attacks, then DSA is a bleedin hero.

but it hangs my browser, especially when i need to open an adobe file, noticeably slows browsing and sometimes crashes whatever playmates are sitting in the systray with it. it also fights with and usually beats-up Online Armour (to which i am strongly committed...how can you bail on Mike Nash). i am currently running Online Armour sans HIPS & Antivirus functions, to reduce conflicts.

i uninstalled DSA once because it was such a bully, but this program is such a solid security app, i found myself at the install switch once again to day! has anyone any experience with this monster? is there anyway to make this beast behave?

well i think i am past the "i need a drink" crisis, but some perspective still seems to be in order!

Mike

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Use the full potential of online armour, try sensitive guard, see review.

On some machines SG will not load due to misterious reasons. But it is worth the try.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I don't seem to have the problems you have with DSA, its been running fine on my computer. i did have troubles with private firewall which is the paid version of DSA. Right now dsa is running beautifully alongside nod32.

4. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

Kees1958 wrote:

i was using Online Armour's full arsenal, the first time i installed DSA. i will look-up Sensitive Guard i suppose in this forum. if not here than i will google it. thanx.

farmerlee wrote:

i am also running NOD32 ver. 2.71. is DSA your sole HIPS & firewall? what other security apps are you using?

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.