Thinking of using defensewall but...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by 1000db, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

I am currently testing using DW for a replacement to our existing AV. My reasons for are simple: it requires very little user interaction and it does not require updates. However, this will be used in a commercial environment with extensive use of USB devices such as flash drives, cameras, external USB keypads, and such. Has anyone had any experience with DW in a commercial/corporate environment?

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

for a small fee you can prolongate your licence:)

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

SSJ,

As far as I know, you can still use the version you have got life time. For support and upgrades the annual renewel (small fee) is required.

Regards Kees

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Yes.

You have to "prolongate" the license with a small annual fee.

Attached Files:

5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

1000db,

Until December 2008 I have worked as an interim manager (2 days a week for nearly two years) at a London based branded environment design and technical application agency. They worked on a strictly MAC environment. For interfacing with customers and customers applications (to exchange surveys, design and technical drawings, photo's, etc) with their clients they needed Windows platform also.

On their office environment they had a FW/AV on a network device, with no AV's on the Mac books and Mac graphical design stations. Because it were only 5 double boot PC's with different (customer based environment) settings, their IT manager dropped the centrally managed LUA policy on the 5 dual boot macbooks. We tried DefenseWall on it, and it performed well (you can switch protection on and off for USB/Network devices), or copy files and indiviually trust files/applications.

You can roll out DW settings through the registry (with a script). Only limitation is that DW does not have different passwords for settings and trusting files or applications. So you either block changing trusted/untrusted or USB status changes or allow them.

I am sure that when you ask Ilya, he is willing to discuss a solution for this.

Regards Kees

6. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

On the other hand, DW gives you such good protection that you can pay for this one, with its tiny annual update fees, and then use any of the FREE AVs or FWs as part of a still cheap, but very effective, layered defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.