Thinking of installing, but ?

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by CloneRanger, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Was very happy with RVS2008, until i found out about the System Restore nightmares, so obviously stopped using it, and uninstalled it.

Unless i'm mistaken, the newer versions, unlike the previous one, don't wipe the session after we exit until rebooting, is this correct ?

If so, i think you should revert to how it was before. Why, because i for one would want my sessions securely deleted BEFORE rebooting. We don't always reboot immediately, in fact it could be days or more with private data etc still in there.

If i have misunderstood the situation, i appologise in advance.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi,
    System Restore points, when using Instant System Recovery are irrelevant if you are using ISR correctly. The purpose of a restore point is to revert unwanted changes (perhaps damaged or corrupted) to sensitive system files. This is what ISR does (in part) at restart of the computer given that the system is clean prior to turning the virtualization on.

Yes

The change was made to address an issue where a critical stop could occur on some rare configurations. When changed to wipe at boot, this was resolved.

Mike

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Hi

I don't always choose to enable RVS, so System Restore is essential, as i've found several times in the past, on various PC's and OS's.

It's a great pity you couldn't fix the critical stop problem, as wipe on shutdown is a far superior state of affairs. Hope you can find a workaround sometime very soon, and revert.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.