Thinking of buying L'N'S but a few queries first. Can you help?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by zoril, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoril

zoril Registered Member

Hi there:)

I have downloaded the 30 day trial of L 'N' S. I am considering buying the Firewall, but I was wondering when I purchase are there "extras" that I don't get at the moment? If I buy I probably wouldn't need to try it out for more then a week or so to make sure that there are no compatability problems.

Currently I am unable to find where to select modes - like enhanced mode, standard mode etc? With the registered version is there different options that I can select that currently I am unable to?

I did look in the FAQS on the homepage, but didn't see the answer to this.
    Having said that it may well be due to an oversight on my part.

I also didn't see anywhere for adjusting the network settings. When surfing I use radio and sometimes a proxy. Is there anywhere to configure this?

I must say that compared to other firewalls that I have tried out, L'N'S seems excellent. The firewall tests seem to rate it highly also. Are there any new upgrades soon and if so will they cost me anything.

I did read that for version 2 updates are free. I don't want to buy now if there is a new version that would cost me extra coming out in the forseeable future? This has happened to me a number of times with different products.

Any replies appreciated...

Howard

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  2. mannagills

mannagills Registered Member

I think that the startup and settings thread should answer your question concerning enhanced vs. standard rules.

I believe that the 30 day trial is fully functional so there are no additional options for the paid version.

I'm not a L'n'S expert but, I have been using for a few months with no problems at all. Money well spent:thumb:

3. zoril

zoril Registered Member

Hi Mannagills:)

Many thanks for the reply...

I Just read that "starting and settings thread" - It is excellently written and very clear! Do you advise using the standard or enhanced settings, or does it not make any difference?

My computer knowledge is just average. Does using enhanced option require any further technical knowledge after importing the settings? I was unsure of the reason for having the two settings...

Howard:thumb:

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

using the enhanced ruleset will ensure a stealth pass at grc.com.

its an easy way to increase ur firewall security and doesnt require additional tweaking.

5. zoril

zoril Registered Member

Thanks Fuser - I will definitely go for enhanced then:)........Howard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.